Sunday, November 16, 2008

Another Eight

My fundraising webpage: http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/pfchangs09/ayates

This past Saturday we went back to Rock Creek Park, the place that Erin and I had trouble finding the first time around. This time we made it there in plenty of time, and the Water Station people found their way, too. Andrea and I did another eight miles relatively easily, in spite of the humidity and pockets of hot and cold air along the course. Who would have thought that eight miles could be just another Saturday run for me?!

I'm still struggling to meet my fundraising goal, so I'm trying to come up with some ideas for how to reach the minimum. I have two weekends of gift-wrapping coming up, and I think I may set up a happy hour. I also am offering myself as a Spanish tutor, with all of the proceeds going to the charity. If anyone has any additional ideas, please do not hesitate to let me know!

This coming Saturday requires another ten mile run. I'm looking forward to having a second double-digit run under my belt, especially after the last one went so well. I am going to spend my short runs this week doing intervals to work on my speed. I may not be able to do anything about losing to 78-year-old men in races, but I can certainly reduce my pace by a few seconds!

My fundraising webpage: http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/pfchangs09/ayates

No comments: